Purchased 2 Tick Twisters one for home the other for my caravan after a friend of mine found a tick on her dog and paid out a lot of money to have it removed by a Vet. Looks a very capable product at a very reasonable price
Just brilliant little tool to remove nasty ticks quickly and painlessly ....coming from someone who is so squeamish... This is the first time I have had to remove a tick from my dog, I put Vaseline on and around the tick (it helps make the area sloppy) then followed instructions which came with the tick remover and success in a couple of seconds the nasty creature was off my dog and securely in the tool.....no hesitation in recommending this to others, it's great.
I am so pleased you found the tool easy to use but I just wanted to strongly advise against putting Vaseline or any substance on the tick. That can cause stress to the tick and cause it to regurgitate the contents of its stomach into your dog, which may contain infective organisms and pass tick borne diseases on to your dog. Don't apply anything to the tick at all. Simply use the Tick Twister as directed.
Peace of mind
Sunday, 17 May 2015 | Pamela
Bought this after my dog needed to have a tick removed. I purchased one with a wire loop on the end from a well known pet store but found this tricky to use. After watching the video clip on this tick remover, and seeing how easy and effective it is, I purchased one just in case my dog is unlucky enough to need one removing again. It seems sturdy and should do the job.
One of my dogs is a real tick magnet so we've tried all kinds of methods to remove the horrible little critters. None has worked as well as the Tick Twister. It's shape makes it so easy to use. Just push it around the puncture site, give a little twist and voila! one safely removed tick. Definitely the best method we've found so far.
I used the Tick Twister on receipt and as my miniature Schnauzer had a tick and it removed it easily - my first attempt - far easier than the flat tweezers I had used before and less potentially harmful to our pet.